- A Care Package for Intergenerational Worshipon November 17, 2022
One gift we may receive in Quaker worship is the way that one person’s experience of the Divine expands another’s. A gathering of Friends in worship brings many glimpses of
- A Worship & Care “Care Package” for PYMon November 9, 2022
A Major Gift to PYM! A family who loves our faith community has given PYM a challenge gift to inspire others who also love PYM to give to our community.
- Ujima Friends Sewing for Africaon September 22, 2022
Since 2019, members of the Ujima Friends Peace Center have partnered with Sankofa Artisan Guild to make reusable, environmentally friendly menstrual pads, pouches, and under garments for African girls’ whose
- Birmingham Meeting Has a New Signon June 24, 2022
Birmingham Meeting needed a new sign as the old wooden one was deteriorated and so small as to be difficult to read by the ever faster traffic on Birmingham Rd.
- Workshop on Gathering Virtuallyon May 16, 2022
A workshop was held on Saturday May 7, and we returned to the questions we’ve held since 2020 about navigating the new normal of life through the ongoing pandemic. We
- Inviting Young Adult Voices into PYM’s Granting Ministryon April 26, 2022
Photo Above: top left to bottom right: Lucas Richie (staff), Meg Rose (staff), Sarah Ennis, Yelena Forrester, Afroza Hossain, Naomi Madaras, Liana Irvine, Jeremy Graf Evans, Hanae Togami, Afiya Johnson-Thornton
- Old Committee, New Name: The Quaker Fund for Indigenous Communities Granting Groupon February 23, 2022
After a year-long discernment process, members of PYM’s Indian Committee, with approval from PYM’s Granting Committee and Administrative Council, have agreed upon a new name, the Quaker Fund for Indigenous
- Apply for a Travel & Witness Grant at the March 1 Deadlineon January 27, 2022
The Travel and Witness Granting Group (TWGG) provides grants to support active service and witness by individuals following leadings of the Spirit. The group has made fewer grants since March 2020