The Travel and Witness Granting Group makes grants to individuals to support:
- International travel to further international understanding, peace, and other Friends’ concerns
- Individual PYM Young Adult Friends in ministry, service, witness, and Quaker study
- Organizations for programs, events, and activities that support and build the community of PYM Young Adult Friends
- Transportation expenses of PYM Friends traveling in religious service*
- To attend Annual or Quarterly Meeting sessions
- At the request of and on behalf of PYM
- Under a religious concern with the recognition and support of their Monthly or Quarterly Meeting
Here a list of recent grants to better understand the types of travel and projects that the Travel and Witness Granting Group has funded.
*Note if you are undertaking travel on behalf of PYM, contact PYM’s Community Engagement Coordinator Olivia Brangan, OBrangan@pym.org, to learn about direct travel reimbursement through Quaker Life Council.
How To Apply
Consult the Travel & Witness Guidelines [PDF] for application details. You will need to complete the Travel & Witness Application Form [PDF or online]. If you receive a grant, you will need to complete the Travel & Witness Report Form [PDF or online] when your project or travel is completed.
The group has four deadlines a year: March 1, June 1, September 1, December 1.
Who We Are
The members of the Travel & Witness Granting Group are appointed by the PYM Granting Committee. Current members: Miyo Moriuchi (clerk), Guinevere Janes, Joshua Ponter, Ruth Seeley, Liliane Sharpless, George C. ‘Skip’ Corson, Jr., Jocelyn Park. Granting Committee Liaison: Jeanne Elberfeld.
Read about the history of the funds available to the Travel and Witness Granting Group.