What We Do
The Greenleaf Granting Group provides aid to elderly Quakers and those in sympathy with Quakers for housing needs and ongoing costs. The group’s decisions are guided by the Greenleaf Guidelines and the Greenleaf Values Statement.
Individuals who are 62 years of age or older can apply. The fund does not make grants to organizations.The Greenleaf Fund provides grants and loans to elderly Quakers, and those in sympathy with Quakers, who are of modest means and in need of assistance to meet their housing needs and other costs of living. There are two deadlines every year, on May 1 and November 1.
Who We Are
Members of the Greenleaf Granting Group are appointed by the PYM Granting Committee.
- Meg Barney, Recording Clerk (Providnce MM / Chester QM)
- Karen Nulton (Westfield MM / Haddonfield QM)
- SueLynne Ganbari (Media MM / Chester QM)
- Lucy Beard (Moorestown MM /Haddonfield QM)
- Rose Ketterer (Newton MM / Haddonfield QM)
- Fred Melroy, Clerk (Medford MM / Haddonfield QM)
- Christopher McKenney (Birmingham MM / Concord QM)
How To Apply
n.b. – For the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are accepting applications by email at Grants@PYM.org. We continue to accept paper copies, but it may take a week or more for us to be able to confirm receipt as most staff are working from home. In lieu of applicant, preparer, and clerk signatures, we will accept emailed confirmations at Grants@PYM.org.
Consult the Greenleaf Granting Group Guidelines [PDF] for application details.
Applicants must complete the Greenleaf Application Form [PDF], including all relevant financial information, and provide the requested attachments.
Awards are made as grants or no-interest loans. Applications are considered according to the following priorities:
- Residents of The Greenleaf’s boarding home as of 2008,
- Members of Monthly Meetings in Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting,
- Members of another Monthly Meeting of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting,
- Those who are in sympathy with Friends (i.e., parents, spouses, domestic partners or certain staff or volunteers in Quaker organizations) and live in the geographic area defined by Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting,
- Those who are in sympathy with Friends and live in the PYM area.
Greenleaf Fund – Established from the funds of the former Greenleaf Boarding Home to maintain the values that guided that organization: caring, compassion, confidentiality, and respect for all residents of the home.