Downingtown Friends Meeting is thrilled to announce they will host their annual Friends Fall Festival on October 9, from 9am to 4pm at their address of 800 E. Lancaster Ave., on their historical property and Quaker Meetinghouse in Downingtown. This event has become an autumnal tradition for all ages within our community, and with all the family fun, quality shopping, live entertainment, various activities and homemade food it has to offer, it’s easy to see why!
- Shopping – quality thrifting at great discounts will be available, as will crafts and jewelry sold by local artisans, and a silent auction featuring local goods and services provided by your neighbors!
- Food – we’ve got lots of homemade goodies, including vegan chili and soup, hot apple cider, and baked goods galore with cakes, cookies, breads and pies (with plenty of gluten-free options), ready to take home and share!
- Fun – in addition to live music and tours of the Hershey Trees planted by Quaker John Hershey 100 years ago, we will also have plenty of kids’ activities, games and crafts, and hayrides!
40% of proceeds from the event go toward the stewardship of our Quaker Meeting and the remaining 60% are donated to local charity organizations in our community.