An online series with Valerie Brown offering tools and practices to navigate these challenging times.
Two consecutive Saturdays, 10:00am-11:30am Eastern Time (US & Canada) in collaboration with Woodbrooke Study Centre.
We are being pulled apart and broken-open by the global pandemic, violence, racial injustice, climate crisis, etc. This course will equip you with tools and practices to navigate these high-stress, high-anxiety times.
Based on Valerie’s latest book, Hope Leans Forward: Braving Your Way toward Simplicity, Awakening, and Peace (Broadleaf, 2022), this course will cover skill-building, evidence-based mindfulness practice, and soul-amplifying questions grounded in Quaker faith and practice that go to the heart of discerning your life purpose, meaning, and direction and supporting you to live your best self now.
In these highly interactive sessions, we’ll explore the Buddhist Seven Factors of Awakening, including:
- Choose bravely when conditions are uncertain and ambiguous.
- Examine unconscious patterns that hold you back.
- Reflect on what matters most with soul-amplifying questions.
- Align your values with your work for a greater sense of purpose and meaning.
- Cultivate body intelligence and body awareness.
- Show yourself real kindness through self-compassion.