What does our history mean for us today?
Lancaster Meeting Youth and PYM Youth Programs are collaborating for a weekend trip/retreat in Washington, D.C. to explore this query in community together! The chaperoned trip is open to youth in grades 7-12.
About the trip:
- The weekend program includes: visits to DC museums like the National Museum of African American History and Culture, processing of those experiences and worship sharing planned by PYM Youth Programs staff, and a program by Friends Committee on National Legislation for the youth.
Also: playing and eating and having fun together!
- Travel will be by Amtrak train as a group, leaving Philadelphia on Friday after school (5:00pm) and returning on Sunday afternoon at 5:00pm.
- Housing on Friday and Saturday nights is at Friends Place on Capitol Hill (formerly William Penn House).
- Meals will be a combination of simple meals made at Friends Place and eating out — all covered by the registration fee.
- The cost of the trip is $100/person and is being supported by scholarship funds for Friends in middle and high school. There is additional scholarship funding for youth and cost should not keep anyone away — see registration form for more information. Please also consider asking your local meeting for support to attend!
Please register by January 20!