PYM’s Committee on Friends Education reminds families that monthly meeting members’ children attending or applying to Friends Schools are eligible to apply for educational support for the 2021-22 school year. Funding for all grants comes from the National Friends Education Fund and Philadelphia Yearly Meeting endowment income from the Jonathan Rhoads Fund and other PYM education endowments.
Interested families can apply for Philadelphia Yearly Meeting and National Friends Education Fund (NFEF) tuition aid through the Friends Council on Education (FCE) website.
The NFEF deadline for forms to be submitted to your child’s Friends schools is February 15th, 2021.
The application form is only found on the Friends Council on Education website. Complete the family and meeting sections before turning the application into the school. If your family is applying to the NFEF, please also consider applying for additional tuition aid from your home Quaker Meeting and/or your home Quarterly Meeting.
Here is the step by step process:
- Download the NFEF application from FCE’s website.
- The family sends their completed and signed NFEF application form to the Monthly Meeting Clerk or their designee to sign.
- The family sends the signed form to the school with a copy to:
- the person or committee in your Quarterly Meeting that handles tuition aid.
- (If applicable) your Quarterly Meeting. Some Quarterly Meetings offer additional tuition aid, and we encourage you to look into whether yours does by checking with the Clerk of your Quarterly Meeting. Find contact information here. Quarterly Meetings may have their own forms.
- Bear in mind that meetings also offer additional tuition aid and may use a separate form for this. When in doubt, send a note to the Clerk of your home Meeting. Find contact information here.
If you have any questions, contact Zachary Dutton, at email@example.com or 215-241-7008.
The family and meeting must complete their sections and send the NFEF form to schools by February 15, 2021.
Help Grow PYM Tuition Aid Funds with an Endowment Gift
The following PYM education endowments can be increased with your gift or bequest:
- Jonathan Rhoads Fund – Income provides for annual grants to PYM Friends children in PYM Friends Schools
- Mary Jeanes Fund – Provides Post-secondary education grants for PYM members and their dependents
- Samuel Jeanes Education Fund – Helps provide for religious and youth education at PYM and supports the tuition aid program.