On November 2nd, PYM hosted a second public meeting to provide a forum where Friends could hear and give feedback on the ongoing development of plans to shift PYM staffing structure.
PYM is engaged in an extended discernment process to ensure permanent staffing support for young adults Friends, aging Friends, pastoral care, and inclusion and belonging. The process began early in 2021 with extensive conversations with young adult leaders. Later in 2021, PYM held two public meetings and consultations with Friends who have responsibilities for pastoral care, grantmaking, and eldercare. Find a list of the groups from which we garnered feedback at the end of this report.
There are recordings available of the two public meetings held, which can be viewed on PYM’s YouTube channel. Find links to them below:
The result of the discernment is a plan of action around how the work gets done and who does the work, which will entail hiring new staff positions. Soon job descriptions will be posted to the employment section of the PYM Website, and we encourage all interested people to apply!
Find below links to two documents describing our plans:
People from Whom we Garnered Feedback:
- Clerk of the Greenleaf Granting Group
- Aging Granting Group
- Concord Quarterly Meeting Aging Facilitators
- Executive Director of Friends Foundation for the Aging
- Friends Counseling Service Coordinator and Counselors
- Executive Director of Friends Services for the Aging
- Aging Resources Consultation and Help (ARCH) Program at New York Yearly Meeting
- Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting Coordinator
- Leadership of the young adult Friends community
Image from Pexels