With divine assistance, the Quaker Life Council maintains the community and the spiritual depth within Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. The Council stewards yearly meeting programs and relationships with other organizations.
- For further reading about the purpose and structure of the council and its committees, read the Quaker Life Council Corollary Handbook.
- For a review of how our yearly meeting responds to minutes of concern and other types, read the document on Issuing Letters of Introduction and Addressing Minutes.
- The Quaker Life Council meets on the third Saturday of every month. Meeting minutes are available.
- Learn about the members of the Quaker Life Council below.
- Quaker Life Council recently approved an anti-harassment policy.
- Anthony Stover – Germantown Meeting
- Ayesha Imani – Germantown Meeting
- Melanie Douty-Snipes – Fallsington Meeting
- Kate Bregman – Central Philadelphia Meeting
- Bryn Hammarstrom – Wellsboro Meeting
- Cathleen Marion – Downingtown Meeting
- George Rubin – Medford Meeting
- Julia Carrigan – Mickelton Meeting Meeting
- Marge Dawson – Merion Meeting Meeting
- Sue Dietz – Medford Meeting Meeting
- Susan Kight – Camden Meeting Meeting
Submit a State of the Meeting Report
As our new Faith & Practice illuminates, this tradition provides, “a deep and meaningful opportunity that draws the community together.” When we see what others are celebrating, mourning, and witnessing, we can be inspired, drawn even closer together, and moved in our spiritual development.
Submit a Work & Witness Application
There is a place for all sorts of activity within our yearly meeting community. The Quaker Life Council will help discern the right direction for your work. Do you have a common interest or concern? Are you under the weight of an emerging leading for work or witness? Apply to become a collaborative or sprint under the care of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. Make sure you read the full overview of application guidelines before submitting.