With divine assistance, the Quaker Life Council maintains the community and the spiritual depth within Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. The Council stewards yearly meeting programs and relationships with other organizations.
- For further reading about the purpose and structure of the council and its committees, read the Quaker Life Council Corollary Handbook.
- For a review of how our yearly meeting responds to minutes of concern and other types, read the document on Issuing Letters of Introduction and Addressing Minutes.
- The Quaker Life Council meets on the third Saturday of every month. Meeting minutes are available.
- Meg Barney – Providence Meeting
- Emily Blanck – Mickleton Meeting
- Terry Christensen – Newtown Monthly Meeting
- Susan Claggett – Third Haven Meeting
- Sue Dietz – Medford Meeting
- Robert Greene – Princeton Monthly Meeting
- Guinevere Janes – Media Meeting
- Rose Ketterer – Newton Friends Meeting
- Michael Moulton – Germantown Monthly Meeting
- Debbie Murray-Sheppard – Wilmington Monthly Meeting
- Kathryn Pettus – Third Haven Monthly Meeting
- George Schaefer – Abington Meeting
- Wade Wright – Lancaster Meeting
- Jean-Marie Prestwidge Barch, Interim Clerk – Schuylkill Meeting
- Melissa Rycroft, Ex Officio, Presiding Clerk – Upper Susquehanna Quarterly Meeting
- Nikki Mosgrove, Ex Officio, Rising Clerk – Trenton Meeting
- Christie Duncan-Tessmer, Ex Officio, General Secretary – Chestnut Hill Meeting
- Friends Counseling Service Advisory Panel
- Ministry and Care Committee
- Program Committee
- Sessions Coordinating Committee
- Youth Programs Advisory Committee
Submit a Work & Witness Application
There is a place for all sorts of activity within our yearly meeting community. The Quaker Life Council will help discern the right direction for your work. Do you have a common interest or concern? Are you under the weight of an emerging leading for work or witness? Apply to become a collaborative or sprint under the care of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. Make sure you read the full overview of application guidelines before submitting.