A Major Gift to PYM!
A family who loves our faith community has given PYM a challenge gift to inspire others who also love PYM to give to our community. Every new and increased gift will be matched – up to $30,000! The generosity of one family supports the generosity of all of us. This challenge gift will support a package of worship and pastoral care offerings for PYM and our meetings. It’s a care package of worship and pastoral care – a Worship & Care Package!
Watch the video or read the text below for a fuller understanding.
The Care Package
The Worship & Care Package provides a collection of resources and opportunities to expand our capacities for healthy and vibrant worship and pastoral care practices. The package includes:
- Intergenerational Worship for the whole yearly meeting community – plus a mini care package for every meeting that wants to offer their own intergenerational worship.
- Bible study in the manner of Friends for the whole yearly meeting – plus more mini care packages for meetings to support their own offering of Bible study.
- A pilot project for meeting committees to test run a comprehensive model of pastoral care training and support.
Leadership Support for Worship & Care
- A community of Friends with a heart for worship or pastoral care (or both!) at all levels of experience: a Learning Circle of Friends. Circle members can share in training and fellowship to ground and grow their gifts.
- An expansion of our database to identify Friends with gifts and skills in the areas of pastoral care and worship – which will seed the Learning Circle.
- Bonus! This also allows us to gather information about the gifts, skills and professions of Friends in all areas of service.
The challenge gift matches new, renewed and increased gifts to PYM
- New! Gifts from Friends who have never given to PYM will be matched, dollar-for-dollar. For example, if a Friend gives a first-time gift of $100, the gift will match the full $100.
- Renewed! Gifts from Friends who gave in the past but didn’t give last year will be matched, dollar-for-dollar. For example, if a Friend supported PYM a few years ago but did not give last fiscal year (October 2021-September 2022) gives $500, the gift will match the full $500.
- Increased! Increased gifts from Friends who gave last year will be matched by the amount of the increase. For example, if a Friend gave PYM $1,500 last fiscal year and donates $2,500 this year, the gift will match the increase, or $1,000.
How to Give
You can give online
You can send a check to our processing center which can deposit your gift the same day it is received
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting
PO Box 536767
Pittsburgh, PA 15253-5909
Do you want to know about your own giving history or talk to someone about making a gift? Contact:
Interim Director of Development
Do you want to know more about these projects? Contact: