2019 Pre-Annual Sessions Retreat
92% of the participants thought the retreat was extremely or very helpful in guiding them to centering, listening with trust and love, and centering themselves in community.
Here is a sampling of the written responses that were voluntarily added to the questionnaire:
Blessings on you all!
The leadership was excellent, passing the baton from one to another effortlessly, punctuated with music.
I just want to say thank you.
The retreat was a vessel; it provided the excuse for the Presence to come among us.
Thank you for offering this again!
I was aware of God’s presence. It helped me to be aware of the possibility of transformation. I am prepared for Annual Sessions. I am trusting in God’s leading and am conscious of love of God.
Thank you to the facilitators. This time touched my heart.
Thank you! This is a very important part of the whole Annual Sessions event for me. Now I feel better prepared to participate more fully in Sessions.
Thank you all for the stellar design. It worked.
First retreat. Excellent. Great way to prep for Sessions.
Thank you all. Keep up the good work!!
Very carefully and prayerfully done. Thank you to all who planned and executed the retreat. It met a need I didn’t even know I had on a personal level, and I sense that it will meet an ever greater need for the larger body for grounding in God’s love and care as we move into our gathering at Annual Sessions. Thank you!
Until next year’s retreat, you may wish to think about two opportunities we have for you. One is for you to bring the Spiritual Formation Program to your meeting or quarter: https://www.pym.org/spiritual-formation-program-collaborative/interested-in-sf/.If you’re not ready to make that commitment, perhaps you’d like to join us at our upcoming weekend retreat at Kenbrook Retreat Center in the Fall: https://www.pym.org/spiritual-formation-program-collaborative/2019-spiritual-formation-retreat/.
2018 Pre-Annual Sessions Retreat
A heartfelt thank you if you attended the Pre-Annual Sessions Retreat organized by the Spiritual Formation Collaborative. In my humble opinion, you created an atmosphere in which Sessions was held in Love and Light. But it’s not just me; I heard lots of buzz saying the same kind of thing. Besides attending the retreat, many of you joined others grounding sessions in the plenary space. Both of these actions of yours made sessions a place where you could feel the winds of Spirit blowing.
On preliminary examination of the evaluation you did during the last session of the retreat, you thought it would make a difference by preparing you. When answering the question of whether you thought the retreat prepared you for Annual Sessions, 79% answered “a great deal” and the other 21% answered “a lot.”
Another question on the survey asked how likely you would be to attend a Pre-Annual Sessions Retreat next year and 89% of you thought it was “very likely” with the other 11% saying “likely.” We’re thrilled and have already been scouring the results of the evaluation survey for thoughts on improvement for next year.
In the mean time, you may wish to think about two opportunities we have for you. One is for you to bring the Spiritual Formation Program to your meeting or quarter. If you’re not ready to make that commitment, perhaps you’d like to join us at our upcoming weekend retreat at Kenbrook Retreat Center in the Fall.