Registration for this Event is Closed.
All Young Adult Quakers and Seekers ages 18-35-ish in the Philadelphia area and beyond are welcome to join us for our at home retreat!
Even though we can’t be together in person this spring, Young Adult Friends will still gather during the weekend of our planned retreat. The idea behind our retreat is to collaboratively create something that speaks to a query and where young adult friends are at on this day. Throughout the retreat there will be large group community time, and small group time where we are split up by the medium we are working on:
- Words (example: poetry, creative writing)
- Visuals (example: drawing, collage, photography)
- Sounds (example: observing, making, recording)
Each individual participating in the retreat will create something that will be compiled into a zine of all our work together!
- 7 pm – Gathering for introductions to each other, zoom, plans for retreat
- 8 pm – Splitting up into groups
- 10 am – Stretching!
- 10:30 – Community Gathering
- 11 am – Skill Workshop
- BREAK for lunch and to start making
- 1 pm- Work-In-Progress Small Groups Share
- BREAK for what you need, keep working on your creation!
- 5 pm – Email Meg what you made
- 5 pm- Gathering as large group to share work
Post retreat: Meg will compile works into a Zine to be shared online and mailed to participant. Each participant will get a couple copies, 1 for themselves and 1 to share!
Zoom links will be shared by email to participants the week of the retreat.
For folks who were invested in the theme of Relationships and Sexuality, we will still be having a retreat with that theme. In fact, we are planning that the next in-person retreat will maintain that theme.