Below are some of our Meeting’s activity regarding environmentalism and climate change:
Addressing Climate Change at WFM (from discussion in group)
- We switched from plastic bottled water to pitcher filtered water
- The majority of members are vegan/vegetarian with a
consciousness of the environmental cost of animal agriculture
- Carleton (property manager) has replaced all light bulbs with LED
- Meeting complied with “No Mow May” movement to protecting
- Meeting planted second tree (first tree was descendant of venerable Salem Oak, second was planted this year on Earth Day)
- Two speakers appeared: One on LNG transport via truck and train from Pa. fracking fields – we signed a petition that went to President, Joseph Biden, Governor Patrick Murphy and the Army Corp of Engineers. The Meeting’s, second speaker was on topic of “forever chemicals”
- We delivered recycled clothing 25 times to a group helping the homeless
- 8. Marilyn Quinn, our environmental advocate is a member of several advocacy and information action groups including Delaware River Keepers
- Future Efforts: We pledge to increase our efforts in recycling.
We pledge to switch from paper Monthly Meeting Minutes to online storage
We pledge to look into solar panels for our 3 buildings.