The Tote Bag: PYM Religious Education and Family Resources e-newsletter is published 6-9 times a year by the Youth Religious Life Coordinator.
Friends are welcome to submit ideas for topics of interest, lift up resources to include, or send a question they would like addressed!
Past issues are linked below. Want to subscribe? Go to this page and click on “Religious Education.”
- February 2021 includes: resources for including Black History and racial justice in curricula all year; RE Conversations on Spiritual Nurture in the Home, Sharing Stories about Jesus, workshops and events for youth
- January 2021 includes: new book on parenting for social justice, workshop opportunities for those who work with children and youth
- January 2020 includes: resource ideas for supporting adolescents in your meeting and the people creating programs for them
- March 2020 includes: youth-led meeting for business, resources from Quaker Earthcare Witness
- COVID-19 Support and Resources issue
- April 2020 includes: support for parents, online PYM Youth Program events, QREC Conversation Circles, a story resource for home and meetings
- May 2020 includes: “Flat Fox and Fell” resource for home and online together, connecting with PYM Youth Programs, the Poor People’s Campaign, singing with Annie Patterson and “Laughter Yoga”
- August 2020 includes: “Fall Religious Education Planning: Connection and New Directions”, Summer/Fall workshop opportunities for Youth, Annual Sessions Youth Programs reports, and QREC annual conference information.
- September 2020 includes: Giant Children’s Meeting offered on fourth Sundays, World Quaker Day Oct. 4, Fall Workshops and Conversations for RE volunteers, the new Religious Ed “Patterns and Examples” folder in Drive, and resources for home and meeting.
- October 2020 includes: Teaching about Indigenous People and Native Justice; Choosing Excellent Children’s Books By and About American Indians; upcoming programs for children, youth, and families.
- November/December 2020 includes: resources for exploring gratitude and giving, Christmas preparations, and the Bridge Film Festival.
- January 2019 includes: REsource of the month — The Worship Bowl
- February 2019 includes: thinking about “Outreach, Welcome, Inclusion” and resources for both teaching Black History and exploring Easter
- March 2019 includes: thinking ahead to Summer, Easter resources
- April 2019 includes: support for Families, Easter resources
- September 2019 includes: “back to First Day School” planning, World Quaker Day resources
- October 2019 includes: William Penn resources and ideas for sharing about Native Americans
- December 2019 includes: resource ideas for Christmas