- For Our Children: A Quaker Parent’s Perspectiveon November 23, 2020
Abigaile Brace-Higgins is a member of Mickleton Meeting and serves on the planning circle for PYM Giant Children’s Meeting programs. This article originally appeared in the Salem Quarter News, Fall 2020.
- Quakers in The News: a Centering Faith with Convictionon November 10, 2020
The Quaker Faith has been called a “quiet faith,” by others, but it comes with a practice of acting with conviction, and a belief in being open to the Divine.
- Conversations on Civilityon November 4, 2020
There is a ‘shadow side’ to civility that has led to the following story and resources. There is also an emotional and experiential part of civility that can suppress honesty
- Parenting + Presidential Election + Pandemicon October 29, 2020
Parents have been holding a lot in these past eight months. In addition to the multiple stressors of life during a pandemic and social unrest and violence in the news
- In These Times: A Pastoral Messageon October 29, 2020
George Schaefer serves Philadelphia Yearly Meeting as the Care and Aging Coordinator. He works with meetings, aging Friends, and individuals to support PYM’s spiritual growth, pastoral care, and community wholeness. This
- Preparing for Election Weekon October 29, 2020
As we look ahead to election week we’ve assembled resources for Friends concerning care for community, crisis response planning, buddy systems, worship sharing, alternatives to calling the police, plus state-specific
- Restoring Civility Across the Political Divide: Author Interview with Karen Tibbalson October 28, 2020
Karen Tibbals uses her background in market research and Quaker religious studies to help people understand how others–on opposing political sides and with different ethical frameworks–make decisions. This work, like
- Catch Up on the Quaker College Fairon October 21, 2020
A free event designed for students engaged in the college search process, the 2020 Quaker College Fair was held 11:00 am – 1:30 pm on Saturday, October 17th over Zoom.