The work of cultivating welcoming community, integrating newcomers, and inviting seekers to join us in ways that account for social media and technology.
- Meeting For Business – Minutes of Friday July 30
With 102 Friends in attendance, Meeting for Business in Worship was held virtually from just before 1:00 to about 4:15 PM during the afternoon of July 30th. The agenda offered
- Minute of Declaration and Commitment of the Ujima Friends Meeting
Below is a minute that the Ujima Friends Meeting has shared with the PYM community. Minute of Declaration and Commitment In an act of declaration and commitment, we, a people
- Meeting For Business – Minutes of Thursday July 29
With 82 Friends in attendance, Meeting for Business in Worship was held virtually from just before 1:00 to just past 4:00 PM during the afternoon of July 29th. The agenda
- Meeting on Guidance for Re-Openingon September 25, 2021
This event will be held to review the resources and guidance that have been developed to support our communities in the process of discerning whether to re-open in a world
- COVID: A Day of Remembranceon August 21, 2021
On Friday, August 20, between 8-8:20 PM, Friends will gather outside their meetinghouses – or at their homes – for a silent, candlelight vigil during which we will remember the
- Quaker Religious Education Collaborative 2021 Conferenceon August 13, 2021
QREC 2021 Conference Online Hearing God’s Call: Lessons Learned and Leadings that Light the Way Join Friends from around the world for worship, fellowship, practical skill building, and listening for our
Sprints allow our community to respond to leadings at the moment. They provide agility in addressing a specific need as soon as it arises and helps to get the job done quickly. They last no longer than 1-6 months; the shorter the better. They can be under the care of any other structure, such as councils, committees, and collaboratives.
There are currently no known sprints attending to outreach and communications matters. If you are aware of any, please contact Events and Resources Coordinator, T.J. Jourian at email@example.com.
Collaboratives unite individuals across the yearly meeting (PYM) into a dynamic, “community organized” yearly meeting. Collaboratives group Friends with similar ideas and interests into committees that help launch PYM projects or activities.
There are currently no known collaboratives attending to outreach and communications matters. If you are aware of any, please contact Events and Resources Coordinator, T.J. Jourian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full list of grants offered through PYM, visit the Grants Webpage. PYM also maintains a directory of other Quaker and regional grantmaking to better connect Friends with available resources. The following grants support Meetings in governance and stewardship matters.
Grants Beyond PYM
See our Grants Beyond PYM page for a full directory of Quaker grantmaking activity and other resources available in the PYM region.
- Friendly Zoom Security Tutorial (by Mary Klein, Western Friend)
- Welcoming Friends: Encourage the Whole Meeting to Practice Authentic Welcoming (from Friends General Conference)
- PDF: Coffee Hour Caution: Advice on Greeting Young Adults at Church (by Unitarian Universalist Association)
- PDF: Transforming Quaker Welcoming: Greeting Diverse Newcomers (by Friends General Conference, adapted from the Unitarian Universalist Association)
Other Online Resources
- PDF: Inclusive Language to Use in Inreach, Outreach, and Communication (by New England Yearly Meeting)
- Video: How Do Quaker Meetings Do Outreach and Welcome Newcomers? (by New England Yearly Meeting)
- Book: Faith and Practice (by Philadelphia Yearly Meeting)