Middle School Friends began their Fall Hangout series with a fun afternoon of baking!
After spending some time getting to know each other through introductions and a “favorite thing about fall” scavenger hunt, Chef Alix (our fabulous MSF Assistant!) led everyone through the steps of making a key lime pie. Each pie had its own unique characteristics – just like our Middle School Friends – and they all were delicious!
Next up for MSF: Virtual Fall Retreat: October 24 & 25
The next Middle School Friends gathering is right around the corner and MSF will have an opportunity to gather in person (with care, masks, and physical distancing!) as well as over Zoom. On Saturday, October 24 from 3:00 – 5:00 PM, we will gather at Old Haverford Meetinghouse for games and pumpkin carving/decorating! On Sunday, October 25 from 1:00 – 3:00 PM, we’ll gather on Zoom for an immigration justice presentation as well as small group worship sharing. We are looking forward to being in community with old friends and new friends — all middle school age folks are invited so feel free to invite a friend to join you!
- Saturday’s gathering will be at Old Haverford Meetinghouse. The address is: 235 E Eagle Rd., Havertown, PA 19083; directions here. (There is also a Haverford Meeting — that’s not the one!)
- We will also set up Zoom on Saturday, so you can join us for pumpkin carving and fellowship from home!
- If you come to Old Haverford: Please wear a mask, and bring a pumpkin and something to sit on.
- We will provide pumpkin carving/decorating supplies and will have a few extra pumpkins on site.
- Note: access to bathrooms on Saturday will be limited at the meetinghouse.