Thank you for visiting the Middle School Friends volunteers page!
Are you interested in volunteering with Middle School Friends? Great! We’re always looking for new people to be Friendly Presences (chaperones) at our weekend gatherings.
In order to volunteer with our program, you must be connected to a Quaker community. Here are some other questions we like to ask our volunteers:
- Are you able to sleep on the floor or on cushioning that you provide for a weekend?
- Do you enjoy/have experience hanging out with middle schoolers?
- Can you lead games, art projects, singing, dancing, running?
- Can you help cook, or do you have a meal you’d particularly like to prepare?
- Are you spiritually grounded/does Quakerism play a large role in your life?
- Do you have a workshop that you could bring which fits the theme of our gathering? (Bringing a workshop is sometimes a way to get paid a small amount for coming to a gathering)
We try to put together a team of Friendly Presences at every gathering that will work well together, model positive adult friendships and have fun and exciting interactions with middle school Friends.
If you are interested, please contact:
Melinda Wenner Bradley
Youth Engagement Coordinator