Quakers want to ensure our communities are welcoming and safe for all people.
Being welcoming is a focus of our yearly meeting’s current strategic directions. Overall, we seek to make the congregations inside of our meetinghouses reflect the beauty and diversity of the world outside of them.
- listen to, know, and be known by God;
- grow in our faith;
- be changed;
- support each other in worship.
Our time together looks like
- sitting quietly, with an awareness of the Divine Spirit, usually for one hour;
- listening if someone is moved by the Spirit to speak;
- including children for a time before or after a children’s program;
- shaking hands when worship ends; and greeting those around us in fellowship.