Quaker experience of the Divine affects what we do in our personal lives, what we believe and how we work for changes in the wider world. “Testimonies” are what Quakers call the ways we have found to live and act based on our beliefs. As a group, we find that listening to and following God leads to:
- Integrity – living as whole people who act on what we believe, tell the truth, and do what we say we will do.
- Simplicity – focusing on what is truly impor- tant and letting other things fall away.
- Equality – treating everyone, everywhere, as equally precious to God; recognizing that everyone has gifts to share.
- Community – supporting one another in our faith journeys and in times of joy and sor- row; sharing with and caring for each other.
- Peace & Social Justice – seeking justice and healing for all people; taking away the causes of war in the ways we live.
- Care for the earth – valuing and respecting all of God’s creation; using only our fair share of the earth’s resources; working for policies that protect the planet.
Being in community with other Quakers helps us to be faithful to one another and these testimonies.