An Agreement for Services is intended only for work provided by an individual to the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Other contract forms are appropriate when work is being contracted between business entities such as LLCs and other types of incorporated entities.
The authorized persons to sign an Agreement for Services are the clerks of both Quaker Life Council and the Administrative Council of PYM, as well as PYM supervisory staff.
All information must be completed on the Agreement for Services form. A new form is issued for each fiscal year, and contracts may not extend beyond the term of one fiscal year (except with the express approval of the General Secretary).
Attachments such as minutes, a scope of work, and any payment schedules must be appended to the document.
The process for Agreement for Services is as follows:
- The proposed document(s) is signed by the either the Quaker Life or Administrative Council Clerk, or a Staff Supervisor.
- The document is forwarded to the Controller.
- The Controller will review the document with the Human Resources Coordinator, and approve or respond back with proposed revisions.
- The Controller will obtain a signature from the General Secretary
- The Controller will send two copies of the document to the individual who is being contracted for final signature, with a return receipt envelope to return one signed copy.
- Upon receipt of the fully signed Agreement, the Controller will notify the Quaker Life or Administrative Clerk, or the Staff Supervisor and provide a copy of the full document with redacted Social Security number identification.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO WORK ASSOCIATED WITH AN AGREEMENT FOR SERVICES WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL MAY BEGIN WITHOUT FULLY SIGNED DOCUMENTS.
Which groups can submit a contract to the PYM office?
Available to: Councils
Not directly available to Collaboratives, Resource Friends, Sprints, Committees, Bridge Contacts, Appointed Representatives; these sub-structures may only contract for services through their appropriate Council.