The work of fundraising, property maintenance, financial management and stewarding the well-functioning of the Friends decision making process.
- Spiritual and Personal Discovery: Pam/Tommy on the Transformative Power of Drag
As 103 Friends learned in the Tommy/Pam Greenler Keynote presentation on July 29th, there is a whole lot of space on a Wisconsin farm. For the child who is becoming
- Meeting For Business – Minutes of Friday July 30
With 102 Friends in attendance, Meeting for Business in Worship was held virtually from just before 1:00 to about 4:15 PM during the afternoon of July 30th. The agenda offered
- Minute of Declaration and Commitment of the Ujima Friends Meeting
Below is a minute that the Ujima Friends Meeting has shared with the PYM community. Minute of Declaration and Commitment In an act of declaration and commitment, we, a people
- Meeting on Guidance for Re-Openingon September 25, 2021
This event will be held to review the resources and guidance that have been developed to support our communities in the process of discerning whether to re-open in a world
Sprints allow our community to respond to leadings at the moment. They provide agility in addressing a specific need as soon as it arises and helps to get the job done quickly. They last no longer than 1-6 months; the shorter the better. They can be under the care of any other structure, such as councils, committees, and collaboratives.
There are currently no known sprints attending to governance and stewardship matters. If you are aware of any, please contact Events and Resources Coordinator, T.J. Jourian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collaboratives unite individuals across the yearly meeting (PYM) into a dynamic, “community organized” yearly meeting. Collaboratives group Friends with similar ideas and interests into committees that help launch PYM projects or activities.
There are currently no known collaboratives attending to governance and stewardship matters. If you are aware of any, please contact Events and Resources Coordinator, T.J. Jourian at email@example.com.
For a full list of grants offered through PYM, visit the Grants Webpage. PYM also maintains a directory of other Quaker and regional grantmaking to better connect Friends with available resources. The following grants support Meetings in governance and stewardship matters.
- Faith and Practice
- Membership Development Granting Group
- Quaker Buildings and Programs Granting Group
Grants Beyond PYM
See our Grants Beyond PYM page for a full directory of Quaker grantmaking activity and other resources available in the PYM region.
- Virtual Clerking and Discernment (from New England Yearly Meeting)
- Virtual Clerking (blog post by Emily Provance)
- Friendly Zoom Security Tutorial (by Mary Klein, Western Friend)
- PDF: Suggested Best Practices for Virtual Meetings (from Friends General Conference)
- Approved! A Story About Quaker Meeting for Business by Nancy L. Haines (Recommended for Grades 4-6, ages 8-12)
- Money and Soul (by Pamela Haines)
- PYM Discernment and Expectations prepared by PYM Sessions Minutes Sprint (.pdf) (July, 2018)
- PDF: White Supremacy Culture in Organizations (by Dismantling Racism Works adapted by The Centre for Community Organizations)
- White Supremacy Culture (by Dismantling Racism Works)