- This event has passed.
Youth Programs: Spring Continuing Sessions Weekend
Fun – Community – Worship . . . Spring Continuing Sessions is an event for everyone!
Listed below are programs specific to our youth community. Parents and guardians should also visit the Spring Continuing Sessions page for the schedule on Saturday and adult registration.
Friday, March 26 — FUN
- 6:00-7:30 PM Start the weekend with Friends! We’ll gather with ALL-ages — come after supper or join over your meal. Friends will enjoy fellowship, games, and singing together. We will be led in song by Molly Hicks from Old Haverford Meeting, who has lots of great ideas for sharing our voices in community.
Saturday, March 27 — COMMUNITY
- 9:00-10:00 AM All-ages Worship
All ages are part of our Yearly Meeting, and we’re All Together when everyone is in meeting for worship together. Here are some things that might be helpful to bring along, if you’re a younger Friend:
- Being Present: Worship at Home offers ideas for encouraging and grounding children in waiting worship from their home.
- Lovely Coloring Sheets to help you see beauty and listen within during waiting worship . . .
- Two books to process the experience and feelings around the pandemic:
- Masks, Masks, Masks by Drs. Michelle and Benjamin Lemelman
- Matilda + Theo looking after our lost and found things in the time of Coronavirus by the Australian Childhood Foundation
- 12:30 -1:30 PM Main Youth Program for Kindergarten through Grade 12
Community games and a craft project creating biodegradable planters for planting seeds of HOPE!
You must register to receive the Zoom link and materials for the afternoon program — see registration form below!
Sunday, March 28 — WORSHIP
- 9:00-9:45 AM Giant Children’s Meeting for Families with PreK-Grade 5 Children
- 8:00-8:30 PM Youth-led Meeting for Worship for Middle and High School Youth