- This event has passed.
Wednesdays on the Practice of Worship – March 31
March 31 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Every Wednesday at 7 PM through April 14
Help us experiment with worship!
- A special presenter will speak for the first ten minutes of each session about the very practical and concrete ways in which they worship. Some example queries are below.
- Then for 20 to 30 minutes thereafter, all of the participants will be asked to try out the presenter’s way of doing it based on their presentation… we’ll follow their body position, foci, visualizations, and/or rituals, etc.
- Then we’ll take time at the end of the hour to reflect on how it went, trying on this way of worshiping.
- Wednesday March 31 at 7 PM, Steven Davison
- Wednesday April 7 at 7 PM, Marcelle Martin
- Wednesday April 14 at 7 PM, Ayesha Imani
- How do you prepare?
- How do you position your body?
- What do you train your mind upon? How does that change through the hour?
- Do you use any visualizations?
- Do you have any small rituals that you practice?
- Are there other things you do?
- How do you end worship? Do you do anything specific afterwards?