Spiritual Formation Retreat
July 26 @ 2:00 pm - July 27 @ 10:30 pmFree
The Spiritual Formation Retreat will begin to ground and center participants in a deeper communion with Spirit while preparing individuals to participate, listen, and learn for the upcoming Annual Sessions week together. The Sessions Retreat’s theme is ‘Getting There from Here’ (based in the Across Generations’ theme). The facilitator is Clinton Pettus. Clinton is a member of Baltimore Monthly Meeting of Friends, Stony Run. He holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in psychology from Virginia State University and a Ph.D. in personality psychology from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Tuesday, July 26, 2022
- 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm — Topic: Where are we?
- Read: Chapter Two of the The Arbitrary Construction of Human Divisions, Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
- 3:00 pm – 3:50 pm — Topic: What is our Destination? Part I
- Exercise: Behavioral Assessment & Profiling – The Platinum Rule
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm — Topic: What is our Destination? Part 2
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- 9:00 am – 9:50 am — Topic: Do we understand our destinations or do we simply know our destination?
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am — Topic: How will we know when we have arrived?
- 10:30 am – 10:50 am — Reading of Epistle