May 6 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
An on-campus art series, inviting commuters to join Spring Term resident students in exploring creativity as a mode of spiritual discernment
Subsidized: $345If the subsidized price is financially inaccessible, please wait to register and first apply for financial assistance.
Holding each other in the Light in Pendle Hill’s art studio, we will explore how creativity can augment our spiritual discernment practices and our called ministries. We will support the development of our spiritual seeds, nudges, and leadings by:
- Practicing creative and spiritual discernment through art-making;
- Stepping into Spirit’s mystery with curiosity, fascination, wonder, and awe;
- Honoring various aspects of ourselves, including the parts that are creative and the parts that criticize;
- Developing creative prayer practices;
- Creatively maintaining our relationships with Spirit as we follow leadings.
During our time together we will explore:
- Drawing and painting;
- Single-sheet book-making;
- Journaling/writing poems;
- Following guided visualizations;
- Practicing movement/body-based prayer;
- 3D sculpting and/or mask-making with your choice of materials (air-hardening clay, plaster rolls, wire, yarn, twine, fabric, paper, and more!)
- Optional activities include music-making and dancing.
No particular creative skills or former arts experiences are required to participate in this program. Please bring a journal and a favorite pen. All other materials will be provided.