- This event has passed.
Religious Education Conversation Circles: Teaching about Indigenous People
October 14 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Conversation Circles are an opportunity to bring together the wisdom of our PYM RE community of practice. Join in listening and discussion with others carrying a concern for children and youth programs in meetings.
- Learning about Native Peoples — presentation by sandra boone murphy
- How do we approach this topic in youth religious education programs?
- How do we address the history of colonizer settlement, including of oppression of Native people by Quakers?
- What resources are helpful, and how do we assess bias in resources about indigenous people?
- Check-in with our community of practice — how is the fall going?
Please note that two times are offered, one daytime and the other in the evening. This is the same topic both times — attend either, or both!
Registration is required to receive the Zoom links
- October 14
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Peace & Social Justice, Religious Education