- This event has passed.
Quaker College Fair
March 31 @ 7:00 pm - April 10 @ 3:00 pmFree
The Quaker College Fair is for students interested in Quaker values-based higher education. Students in High School from across the country are invited to attend a series of conversations and panels to ask questions, meet current Quaker college students and reps, and get to know other Quaker(ish) students.
Saturday, April 9 (10 am- 12 pm & 1- 5 pm)
Panels Series featuring speakers from Quaker Colleges— Six hour-long sessions featuring panelists speaking to a series of relevant topics. The sessions will be recorded for asynchronous viewing on the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting website. Panels will be facilitated by Quaker youth leaders. Current panel topics include:
- Inclusion and belonging: What resources are available to support BIPOC students?
- Inclusion and belonging: What resources are available to support first generation students?
- Social Justice Opportunities: How can I engage with groups advocating for change?
- Impacts of Virtual learning: What lessons have colleges learned from the pandemic?
- Paying for College: Planning, Saving, Financial Aid, and Merit Scholarships
- Quaker Value Based Education: What has historically made Quaker higher education unique? And what makes Quaker higher education unique today?
Sunday, April 10 (1-3 pm)
A “Traditional” College Fair— Quaker College admissions departments are invited to represent their schools in a “traditional” style fair to connect with different students who visit the zoom rooms they’re interested in, offering the chance for more personal communication. Each room will be accompanied by a PYM staff person for tech support.