- This event has passed.
Hope Leans Forward: Braving Your Way Toward Simplicity, Awakening, and Peace
December 5 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree to the public! Registration required.
A First Monday lecture online with Valerie Brown, exploring themes from her new book from Broadleaf press.
Daily we are asked to stretch in the direction of goodness, kindness, forgiveness, patience, and vulnerability. Yet life’s fragility, fear, and anxiety, and our own self-sabotage can derail us from growing and thriving, leaving us stuck, fractured, and constantly second-guessing ourselves. How can we gain greater self-awareness and bravery to break these patterns?
Based on Valerie’s latest book, Hope Leans Forward: Braving Your Way toward Simplicity, Awakening, and Peace (Broadleaf, 2022), this highly interactive lecture will explore using the Buddhist teachings on the Seven Factors of Awakening and the wisdom of Quaker faith and practice to:
- Choose bravely when conditions are uncertain and ambiguous;
- Examine unconscious patterns that hold you back;
- Reflect on what matters most with soul-amplifying questions;
- Align your values with your work for a greater sense of purpose and meaning;
- Cultivate body intelligence and body awareness;
- Show yourself real kindness through self-compassion.