Religious Education & Outreach Thread Gathering
January 7, 2023 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Hand in Hand: Religious Education & Outreach as Partners
This Thread Gathering brings together two areas of focus to explore the connection between religious education programs and how a meeting welcomes and includes newcomers. Families are often seeking formation for their children, and adult seekers of all ages come to us hoping to learn about Quakerism and deepen their spiritual lives. How do meetings prepare to receive newcomers and speak to those needs? In our outreach, what do we share about what is available? Are we open to new ways to offer religious education that might speak to the needs of seekers? If RE and outreach work hand in hand, what might grow?
Program: RE and Outreach as Partners
- Gathering our Community of Practice: introductions and rising questions
- Presentation and Discussion: “Spaces, Schedules, Relationships — How Being Prepared Supports Outreach”
- Joys & Concerns: small group exploration of queries and sharing back
- Resource/Idea Sharing: Please bring an example of a handout, program, something that worked well to connect with families and support both the religious education program and the community in a meeting.
- Next steps for individuals, meetings, and broader work together “hand in hand”
- Closing worship
Childcare will be provided!