Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (PYM) seeks a Gifts Processing and Data Entry Associate to support fundraising and community relationships in its Advancement and Relationship Department. This position handles all gift processing and data entry for PYM while displaying a broad understanding of database, development and financial systems. PYM is both an organization and a religious community. It unites a community of over 100 Quaker meetings and thousands of Friends working together to nurture Quaker faith and witness in today’s world.
The Gifts Processing and Data Entry Associate are an in office, part-time position (16 hours per week) that requires 1-2 years of data entry experience and an understanding of customer relationship management software. Salesforce experience is a plus. Because this position plays a critical role in donor and community relations, we are looking for a detail oriented, reliable and astute individual that recognizes the importance of data.
- Record all check and credit card donations for the Annual Fund and the Covenants in the database.
- Process credit card donations.
- Compile and process all individual and meeting record updates including but not limited to: name, address, date of death, monthly meeting, etc.
- Compile and process relationship updates including but not limited to member/attender, meeting, council/committee/collaborative/sprint.
- Reconcile data from multiple databases and keep the primary database up to date. For example, enter information from CVent following Sessions.
- Prepare and mail tax receipts and supporting materials for all donations.
- Reconcile all Annual Fund check/cash donations.
- Provide support for soliciting data from meetings and Friends such as membership statistics from Monthly Meetings, troubleshooting questions, compiling the received data for historical documentation.
- Attends Yearly Meeting sessions, including Annual and Continuing Sessions, and serves as staff support during sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required.
- Some experience working in an office environment.
- Meticulous attend to detail.
- 1-2 years of experience with data entry or proven ability to manage electronic communications and/or databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; flexibility in accepting and performing varied work assignments.
- Effectiveness in managing time, prioritizing tasks, and handling multiple tasks.
All Philadelphia Yearly Meeting staff members work in a collaborative manner to support the concrete and spiritual goals of the Yearly Meeting as a whole. In that context, all are expected to be flexible, collegial, and willing to accept a variety of assignments.