Philadelphia Yearly Meeting is hiring an Event Support Staff to work meetings and events at Arch Street Meeting House (ASMH), a National Historic Landmark located in Old City, Philadelphia. The Event Support Staff will perform a variety of tasks to ensure events run smoothly and that the building is secure. The Event Support Staff opens and secures the building, prepares the building for use, and provides assistance to building users and visitors.
We are looking for someone able to accommodate a flexible work schedule who enjoys working with people. The position is part-time and requires weekend and evening work. Shifts vary but will usually include Saturdays 8am-4pm, Sundays 8am-4pm, and Wednesday evenings 5-9pm. This position will be shared between 2 people for a total of 50 hours per month. Pay rate is 15.00 per hour.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Set up prior to events; arrange chairs and tables as requested, set up A/V equipment.
- Serves as point of contact for building users; staff the front desk to greet and direct building users, respond to basic questions and address any problems as needed.
- Assists visitors in proper use of the facility.
- Provides security presence for the building when open; conducts periodic security walkthroughs both inside building and on the grounds, opens and prepares the building and closes and secures the building at night.
- Light janitorial duties that include clean up after events, trash removal and restroom management
- Perform a variety of tasks to ensure events run smoothly. Duties may include making coffee, wiping down tables, washing dishes, solving AV issues, restocking supplies, spreading ice melt, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or three years additional related work experience required.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with coworkers, clients, and volunteers.
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekend and evening work.
- Ability to take direction, solve problems and work as part of a team
- Excellent customer relations skills; professional appearance, warm and friendly demeanor.
- Experience with setting up and managing audio-visual equipment is desirable.
All Philadelphia Yearly Meeting staff members work in a collaborative manner to support the concrete and spiritual goals of the Yearly Meeting as a whole. In that context all are expected to be flexible, collegial, and willing to accept a variety of assignments.