Arch Street Meeting House Preservation Trust (ASMHPT) in conjunction with Philadelphia Yearly Meeting seeks a Program and Rental Coordinator to provide organizational and administrative support to ASMHPT. We are looking for an energetic individual with excellent customer service and problem-solving skills to join our team. This position is responsible for administrative tasks related to the operation of AMSHPT, management of the rental and visitor programs and promotion of ASMHPT to the public. The ideal candidate will value diversity and be familiar with Quaker practice and principles.
This is a full-time (35 hour per week) benefits eligible, hourly and nonexempt position. This position reports to the Executive Director of ASMHPT. Pay rate is $18 per hour.
About the Organization
Arch Street Meeting House Preservation Trust oversees the preservation, operation, and educational programs at Arch Street Meeting House, a National Historic Landmark building in Old City, Philadelphia. For more information, visit www.HistoricASMH.org
- Schedules, coordinates, and manages building use and events. Acts as main liaison to facility renters and communicates event set-up needs to staff. Draws up contracts and tracks payment
- Promotes the ASMH to the public and relevant organizations;
Administers communication-based activities such as updating website calendar, posting to social media platforms, and writing a monthly e-mail blast newsletter
- Assists in organizing events on behalf of the ASMH and ASMH Preservation Trust
- Maintains the database of contact information for supporters of Arch Street Meeting House
- Coordinates scheduling for the volunteer program
- Other duties as assigned;
- Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated professional experience;
Organization, time management, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Front-line customer service training
- Experience promoting events or venues required; marketing experience a bonus
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to supervise the logistics of programs and events as needed
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including experience working with individuals from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products. Familiarity with updating websites and social media platforms required. Graphic design experience desired
All staff members work in a collaborative manner. In that context, all are expected to be flexible, collegial, and willing to accept a variety of assignments. ASMHT & PYM are EOEs; diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.