Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (PYM) seeks an Advancement and Communications Coordinator to optimize fundraising and communications efforts through the use of a Salesforce database and written communications. This position analyzes donor and communications data and uncovers patterns that deepen relationships with donors and the Friends community. We are looking for an experienced and detail-oriented individual with exceptional management skills to contribute to the success of PYM. The Advancement and Communications Coordinator reports to the Associate Secretary for Advancement and Relationship and is an integral member of the advancement team.
This is a benefits eligible, part-time 24.5 hour per week position. Pay rate is $26 to $30 per hour depending on experience.
- Utilize the Salesforce database to identify patterns of giving, changes in demographics, and areas of interest in activities or concerns by different groups of the Quaker population. This is done in conjunction with the Associate Secretary for Advancement & Communication in order to develop fundraising strategies.
- Provide supervision to the Gifts Processing and Data Entry Associate. Ensuring that all gifts, membership and meeting data are correctly entered, tracked in Salesforce, and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Participate on Salesforce team to ensure that PYM data collection results in an up-to-date database that supports all fundraising and communication initiatives.
- Craft messages for individualized statements in segmented appeals, follow-up emails, annual fund representatives, phone-a-thons, lapsed donor calls, emails and thank you notes. Assist with logistics of implementing the statements as time allows.
- Identify opportunities for fundraising in specific populations and as time allows; manage targeted appeals to specific populations (such as families, young adults or lapsed donors).
- Provide occasional support for fundraising events.
- Manage the bi-annual written newsletter with leadership from the Associate Secretary, sourcing compelling stories from meetings’ newsletters, the PYM staff, volunteer community, programs and events. Solicit digital and print content from volunteers as needed.
- Support the news section of the PYM website. Populate with fresh reporting by authoring bi-weekly stories, supporting staff in creating compelling posts, sourcing content from meeting newsletters and researching and communicating about activities at PYM and in the Quaker Community.
Annual and Continuing Sessions:
- With all staff, attend Annual Sessions for five days in the summer and attend PYM’s day-long Continuing Sessions each Spring and Fall. Support communications in advance, on site, and afterwards and to support event logistics as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Relationship Management database experience, preferably Salesforce.
- Strong and demonstrated database experience with report writing, data hygiene, data interpretation, and fundraising practices as they relate to Salesforce’s non-profit success pack.
- Five or more years of experience with fundraising and communications. The years of experience can include education related to these fields.
- Display superior written and oral communication skills, experience with proofreading web and print publications, and a portfolio of written work.
- Experience providing supportive supervision.
- An active Friend or experience with Friends’ meetings; knowledge of Quaker principles and practice.
- Demonstrated capacity to work efficiently and effectively without close supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Welcoming attitude toward engaging in anti-racism and oppression work in the work environment with all staff.
- Enjoy and excel at working collaboratively with others, especially volunteers.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and web posting; experience with project management software (particularly Asana) is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekend and evening work.
- Pass a criminal and child abuse background check, per PYM requirement for those working with vulnerable populations.
All staff members work in a collaborative manner. In that context, all are expected to be flexible, collegial, and willing to accept a variety of assignments. PYM is an EOE; diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.