Lifting Our Voices to Create a Climate Safe Future
The Eco-Justice Collaborative works in partnership with the Pennsylvania Interfaith Power and Light (PA IPL). PA IPL is a community of congregations, faith based organizations and individuals of faith responding to climate change as a moral issue through advocacy, energy stewardship and the transition to clean, renewable energy.
Stay current on Pennsylvania’s climate issues
Attend a monthly climate policy and advocacy briefing which includes a summary of relevant federal and state issues and opportunities for action. Actions will generally be phone calls, but may include attendance at hearings, comments on regulations, attendance at other witness events, and letters to elected officials. Briefing calls are scheduled from 12:30 to 1:30pm the 4th Thursday of each month (with the exception of November).
Register and receive call reminders by contacting email@example.com
Participate in a pro-active, coordinated, state wide, monthly witness
Join an interfaith effort where you live and participate in:
- Face to face meetings with staff and/or U.S. and PA State Senators
- Delivery of materials which support the climate policies we seek to encourage
- Follow up phone calls with Senate offices – either one-on-one or as a consultation with others with expertise
Willing to help? Your voice matters!
- Philadelphia area Friends contact: Bill Cozzens at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Others contact: Paula Kline at email@example.com
“We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it.” —Pope Francis
Through a covenant to sustained advocacy we seek to:
- To effectively articulate the moral argument for preventing climate catastrophes in our state and elsewhere in the world
- To represent a moral and practical commitment and willingness to do our fair share of the emissions reductions required to maintain climate stability
- To become trusted sources of accurate and helpful information
- To convene and facilitate meetings between disparate parties to advance policies which favor a stable climate and protect the most vulnerable
“Our goal is not to amass information or to satisfy curiosity, but rather to become painfully aware, to dare to turn what is happening to the world into our own personal suffering and thus to discover what each of us can do about it.” —Pope Francis