The following updates have been published to share further information about staffing changes:
- MAY 2, 2017 Staffing Update: Administrative Support in the Office
- APRIL 22, 2017 Communication from Leadership to PYM
- APRIL 14, 2017 Financial Impact: Staff Changes Follow Up Information
- MARCH 23, 2017 Advancement: Staff Changes Follow Up Information
- MARCH 23, 2017 Salaries: Staff Changes Follow Up Information
- MARCH 23, 2017 Staffing and Inclusion: Staff Changes Follow Up Information
- MARCH 23, 2017 Administrative Support: Staff Changes Follow Up Information
- MARCH 6, 2017 Youth and Young Adult Programs Staff Changes Follow Up Information
- MARCH 4, 2017 Staff Changes
Dear beloved Friends,
We want to begin by thanking all of you who attended Continuing Sessions and all others who have shared their questions, support, and concerns about the recent announcement of changes in the staff structure. Our community is going through a huge transition with our new structure, and we are finding our way as we grow into it. Some parts of the structure have worked well from its inception; others have needed tweaking, and still others have created significant issues. The process of making a change in the structure of PYM staff is just such an example.
We recognize that we in the Religious Society of Friends are not isolated from our culture in which racism is structurally entrenched. The water from which we all drink is poisoned, and our yearly meeting is no different. The leadership of PYM acknowledges that in recent months there has been deep pain and hurt and that assertions regarding racism have been expressed in our yearly meeting. We understand that Friends may be wondering what we are doing to address the pain and concerns and we want to share what that looks like for us.
Since Continuing Sessions, PYM leadership has been in a process of discernment about how to respond to those concerns, how to care for our entire yearly meeting community, and how to be faithful to what God calls us to do. This letter is to share what we heard and learned from Continuing Sessions, and how we propose to move forward with love and compassion for all. [Read more…] about Communication from Leadership to PYM