Let me extend my sincerest appreciation for your patience as we hold our Quaker Life Council in loving accountability to follow through on the many tasks with which we charged it. One of the tasks is to define a process for considering applications for funding, for groups who would like additional support in carrying out their work and witness.
Now that it has been defined, we’d like to make sure you are aware of this process.
Before submitting, review all of the guidelines, of which the below is just a part.
- All applications are reviewed by the Quaker Life Council (QLC) Funding Committee for approval or recommendation.
- When submitting your funding application, please include all funding needs that will occur between 1 October 2016 and 30 September 2017, otherwise known as Fiscal Year 2017. Some groups that have already submitted funding requests may want to add to this request to include the full year, starting 1 October 2016.
- If you have already been approved as a group under the care of the yearly meeting, say, as a collaborative or sprint, apply for funding here.
- If you have not yet been approved, you need to use the application to come under the care of the yearly meeting, which has a funding portion.
- The Funding Committee will review requests for funding in two “rounds”. The first round will occur in July 2016, and the second round will occur in September 2016. Thereafter, if there are remaining funds, the committee will consider later applications on a rolling basis. It is highly recommended that groups submit their requests as early as possible. Funding requests are considered on a first-come-first-serve and case-by-case basis. This means that with each passing “round”, there will be smaller sums to give.
- To be considered in the first round, submit your application by Monday, July 25 at midnight.
- To be considered in the second round, submit your application by Friday, September 9 at midnight.
May we do great things together and see our work & witness burgeon around us!
Zachary T. Dutton
Associate Secretary for Program and Religious Life\
On behalf of the Quaker Life Council Funding Committee