With this page, we hope to provide the opportunities for uplifting resources outside of PYM. There are multiple themes below, and this list is just the beginning. More to come.
Here are some resources for more in depth terminology and their definitions.
- Trans Respect/Etiquette/Support 101: This is an overview of how to be sensitive to different nuances with respecting and responding to someone who is Transgender.
- Trans 101: A crash course in different terms and understandings. It goes over the differences between various terms and what not to say as well as some explanation of some of the concepts that go into Transgender. Also see http://transwhat.org/ & http://transstudent.org/gender
- FTM Resource Guide: This is an in depth overview of the definitions of various terms relating to female-to-male transgender terminology.
This is a space to highlight different form of media that feature folks in the LGBTQ community.
- https://medium.com/@jencoates/i-am-a-transwoman-i-am-in-the-closet-i-am-not-coming-out-4c2dd1907e42#.xeh9f0b19: In this article one trans woman describe her experience of realizing that she is trans and how she navigates that.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4duSExPay5Q: This is a video featuring Kody Hersh describing he sees his sexuality intersecting with his faith.
Celebrating Transgender Change Makers
This is a space to honor and lift up the stories and voices of people in the Trans Community.
#transvoices: Celebrating transgender changemakers: This is a blog post about the recent progress (or lack thereof) made surrounding the Trans Community. It is also an invitation to uplift Trans voices with the hashtag: #TransVoices.