The Greenleaf Granting Group provides aid to elderly Quakers and those in sympathy with Quakers for housing needs and ongoing costs.
Who Can Apply?
Individuals who are 62 years of age or older can apply. The fund does not make grants to organizations.The Greenleaf Fund provides grants and loans to elderly Quakers, and those in sympathy with Quakers, who are of modest means and in need of assistance to meet their housing needs and other costs of living.
How To Apply
Consult the Greenleaf Guidelines for details. Applicants must complete the Application Form and Financial Statement Form, of which there are two versions: grant requests over $1,000 and under $1,000 per year. All forms and guidelines can be viewed at and downloaded from the PYM Grants and Funding page.
When To Apply
There are two deadlines every year, on May 15 and November 15
What To Apply For
Awards are made as grants or no-interest loans. Applications are considered according to the following priorities:
- Residents of The Greenleaf’s boarding home,
- Members of Monthly Meetings in Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting,
- Members of another Monthly Meeting of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting,
- Those who are in sympathy with Friends (i.e., parents, spouses, domestic partners or certain staff or volunteers in Quaker organizations) and live in the geographic area defined by Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting,
- Those who are in sympathy with Friends and live in the PYM area.