December 10, 2016 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
America/New York Timezone
Swarthmore Friends Meeting
12 Whittier Pl
Swarthmore, PA 19081
The Social Justice and Spirituality Thread Gathering
is an opportunity to engage in one of the more fundamental aspects of Quaker spirituality–transformative community. Through transformative community, Quakers understand that there is a strong connection between working toward social justice and walking through life in mindful spirituality. Insights emerge from a life that expresses and searches for that of God in everyone. Learn more about the inspiration behind this Thread Gathering here
- 11 AM, check-in and opening exercises from Lucy Duncan and the AFSC Quaker Social Change Ministry to ground our work in a spirit of worship and fellowship.
- 12 PM, brown bag lunch (not potluck) with supplementary salad.
- 1 PM, political education led by New Sanctuary Movement.
- 4/4:30 PM, breaking out into small groups led by New Sanctuary Movement, and PYM Collaboratives.
- Childcare is available; Friends who need childcare should register by Monday, December 5.
- It’s Free!
More information on New Sanctuary Movement:
Taken from their website:
Through grassroots organizing led by affected immigrants, New Sanctuary Movement fights and wins immigrant justice campaigns with our members across nationality, faith, class and immigration status. Their community organizing in Philadelphia build power in immigrant communities to alter the power imbalance, organizes direct action campaigns, builds the individual and collective capacity of the immigrant community and brings immigrant and ally communities together in solidarity to work for change. Read more about New Sanctuary Movement