An initial gathering of Friends with gifts in teaching and learning facilitation in the areas of Ministry & Caring as well as those interested in developing skills in this area.
Through the teaching ministry, Resources Friends in Ministry & Care support Meetings by facilitating learning opportunities on topics related to areas of Worship, Ministry & Care, the Story of early Friends and Quaker process.
Areas of learning offered by Resources Friends in Ministry & Care may include the following:
- Nurturing the Gathered Meeting
- When Differences Arise: Challenge & Conflict
- Quaker Resources for Aging
- A Counseling Approach for Pastoral Care
- Faith & Practice: Exploring the Book
- Quakerism: A Post-Modern Approach
- Quaker Worship: Silent & Spoken Ministry
- Recognizing Gifts: Discernment in Nominations
- Remember Beloved Community
- Conducting a Spiritual Self-Assessment
- Beyond Quakerism 101
Fron the PYM Governance Handbook
Resource Friends help our community thrive by providing support in areas of learning in meetings, offering information, tools and spirit-lead strategies to promote our vision, presenting the fundamentals of Quaker faith and practice in clear and accessible ways.
Lunch will be a Soup and Salad Potluck (beverages provided)