10 Quaker Hill Dr
Richmond, IN 47374
We are delighted to announce that, after postponement for speaker emergency last fall, the annual Quakers in Pastoral Care & Counseling (QPCC) conference has been rescheduled for March 23-26, 2017 at Quaker Hill Conference Center in Richmond, Indiana.
QPCC is an organization of Friends and others called into ministry in pastoral care, counseling, and chaplaincy. We share a commitment to Quaker practice and grounding our work in our faith. We include:
• Professionals in direct care, clinical training, supervision, and administration
• Students/Fellows/Residents in professional programs
• Friends called into other manners and ministries of healing
• Those involved in pastoral care of monthly, quarterly and/or yearly meetings
• Friends who have retired from work in healing/caring fields.
The conference program, “Centered in Wholeness: Body & Spirit,” will be led by Stephanie Ford, known to many as a longtime Associate Professor of Spirituality at Earlham School of Religion. Stephanie is now Minister of Christian Formation at Binkley Baptist Church in Chapel Hill, NC. She also teaches with the Friends of Christ School (a local ecumenical group), and the Upper Room Academy for Spiritual Formation.
The retreat schedule will include discussion and exercises led by Stephanie, small group sharing, and ample time for recharging/reconnecting with F/friends, nature, Spirit, and yourself. Massage, yoga, aromatherapy, centering prayer, and other self-care opportunities are on the menu as well.