1100 N 6th St
Harrisburg, PA 17102
Middle School Friends & Continuing Sessions
MSF at Spring Continuing Sessions: How does your life speak?
Middle School Friends will gather with the yearly meeting community on Saturday, March 24 and then continue their time together at Harrisburg Friends Meeting for an overnight gathering. We will explore the 2018 Sessions theme, “How our lives speak” with opportunities to consider activism, peace-making and justice-creating in our every day lives. And there will be fellowship and play with other MSFers!
We will also be participating in the “March for Our Lives” Rally in Harrisburg with PYM Young Friends and other parts of the body who wish to participate. To learn more about this national youth movement, go here. We believe this powerful moment of Witness is not one that MSFers should miss.
Spring Continuing Sessions begins at the Jewish Community Center in Harrisburg, PA at 8:30am on Saturday. We will start our day with the wider body for worship, carpool to Harrisburg Meeting for the first part of our programming, walk to the rally, and then come back to Harrisburg Meeting for the night. Pick up will be at noon on Sunday after worship at 11:00am with Harrisburg Meeting. All parents and guardians are welcome to join for worship!
What to bring!
- Seasonally appropriate clothing, including cooler clothes (for hot days or stuffy rooms) and warmer clothes (for cold weather or air conditioning). Bring something that you are okay getting dirty or ripped – MSF gatherings can be hard on clothes!
- Pajamas in which you will be comfortable being seen and others will be comfortable seeing you
- Bedding: sleeping mat or blow-up mattress, pillow, sheets & blankets or sleeping bag
- Toiletries: all your normal stuff plus sunscreen and bug-spray if the weather is warm
- Other: flashlight & batteries, games, craft materials and musical instruments