The General Secretary, Christie Duncan-Tessmer is implementing changes in the structure of PYM staffing to move us closer into alignment with our strategic directions and the needs of our wider yearly meeting community. (Read about the details of the changes in this news story.)
Christie will host two calls to listen, respond to questions, and offer further background information about the changes.
Friends are invited to call in to this conversation using the information below:
Dial Number: (215) 241-7110
Access Code: 42987580
(Please note: our conference call software limits this call to 30 participants at a time.)
Other Related Information
The General Secretary will also be available at meals at the Spring Continuing Sessions (Saturday, March 25, Arch Street Meeting House) to listen and talk with Friends on this and any other yearly meeting topic.
The changes are responsive to the following goals:
- Provide depth and integration as well as capacity to our development and communications functions which have been under-resourced and limited.
- Provide skilled leadership in supporting our staff to be anti-racist and multicultural in a way that integrates with the work of each individual staff person and supports some similar work for the governance councils.
- Increase the capacity of our staff, most of whom have too much on their plates.
- Allow the General Secretary to be less involved in day-to-day operations and be more outward facing.
- Adjust salaries where they are out of alignment with norms of nonprofits of our size in the Philadelphia region.