All are welcome!
Continuing Sessions Fall 2017
Saturday, November 4
9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Arch Street Meeting House
320 Arch Street
Philadelphia, Pa. 19106
Programs for all ages – including childcare for the littlest Friends, children’s programming for Pre-K through elementary school-age children, an overnight program for Middle School Friends and a Day-Long Gathering for Young Friends (high-school age). Adults and children register together; Middle School and Young Friends each have separate registration forms.
Friends of all ages from throughout the yearly meeting and beyond are invited to Continuing Sessions where we gather for fellowship, worship, learning and to carry out the work of our yearly meeting.
- In the morning, adults will be together in worship and for business, including an update on our Multicultural Institutional Audit and reports from our governing councils.
- Children, Middle Schoolers and Young Friends have their own, age-specific programs concurrent with Continuing Sessions.
- We’ll enjoy fellowship over a brown bag lunch, and continue our work together to become more welcoming and inclusive meetings. Sarah Willie-LeBreton and Inspira Williams will lead a discussion about micro-aggressions and structural racism. The afternoon sessions include tools for Friends to take home to their monthly meetings.
- Everyone is welcome, and all meetings should plan to send at least two members or attenders to carry the training and resources back to your meeting.
- Children, Middle Schoolers and Young Friends must be registered in advance so that we can provide adequate support.
- It’s very helpful if adults can register online ahead of time as well, but pre-registration for adults is not required.
This will be a day to gather all generations and across our diverse yearly meeting, to foster deep connections among Friends in our spiritual community, and come away with clarity, hope, and action.